All TAG students follow Texas’s Distinguished Graduation Plan. In order to complete the plan, students must earn the following credits, with 1 credit equaling a year-long course:
- English / Language Arts: 4 credits
- Mathematics (including Algebra II): 4 credits
- Science: 4 credits
- Social Studies: 3 credits
- Foreign Language: 3 credits
- Fine Arts: 1 credit
- Physical Education: 1 credit
- Electives: 3 credits
In accordance with Texas’s House Bill 5, all high school students will graduate with an ‘Endorsement’. These endorsements represent a high school student’s coursework in a particular field of study beyond the state graduation requirements defined above.
Every TAG student will earn the Interdisciplinary Endorsement and the STEM Endorsement. Both of which are fulfilled by the following courses that all TAG students are required to take beyond the state and district requirements.
- Senior Thesis (Independent Study)
- Freshman Seminar
- AP Statistics
- AP Computer Science Principles
- A third year of a foreign language