To be considered for admission, applicants must meet the admission standards presented below. Any student who meets these qualifications is eligible to go through the TAG application process, which will feature additional requirements.
The application packet outlining the application process for 2020-2021 will be available soon!
NOTE: ALL items are subject to change pending board approval of the process.
We have TWO (2) slots open for 10th-grade students.
We have no openings for 11th or 12th grade students, so we will not be taking applications for these grades.
Prospective students must have a grade point average of at least 82 in the core subjects (English, mathematics, science, and social studies) for last year and the first half of this current school year.
STAAR Test Scores:
Students with STAAR scores:
NEW!! Scores for 2020-2021 school year (students applying for 9th and 10th grade) are detailed below.
On MOST RECENT STAAR exam, applicants must have at least 70th percentile on both math and reading STAAR.
- Grade 9 applicants: 7th-grade STAAR Reading of at least 1723 and 7th-grade STAAR Math of at least 1710 or 8th-grade STAAR Math of at least 1759.
- Grade 10 applicants: 8th-grade STAAR Reading of at least 1747 and 8th-grade STAAR Math of at least 1759 or Algebra I EOC of at least 4386.
Students without STAAR scores
Students without a STAAR test must score at least 70th percentile on a standardized test in both math and reading/ELA (taken no earlier than 7th grade).
- Iowa Test of Basic Skills (ITBS)
- Iowa Test of Educational Development (ITED)
- Terra Nova
- Stanford Achievement Test Series (SAT 10)
- California Achievement Tests (CAT)
- Measures of Academic Progress (MAP)
- Metropolitan Achievement Tests (MAT)
- Tests of Achievement and Proficiency (TAP)
- Educational Records Bureau (ERB)
- Woodcock-Johnson Tests of Achievement
Students without STAAR or other exam scores
Students can take a different, district approved and administered test. These tests are administered by Dallas ISD throughout January. To set up a testing date, call the TAG office at 972-925-5970.
If you have individualized questions concerning test scores, please call our office and we will be happy to help you.
If you meet the criteria outlined above for GPA and test scores, you are qualified to apply to TAG.